We love sharing what we know, so here’s some
information we think you’ll find useful.
Our company was incorporated in October 2007 as Diamond manufacturers. Founder and CEO of Vashi.com is a diamond expert, having previously been internationally trading diamonds wholesale since 1999. Our partner companies have been in the diamond business for several generations. Thanks to our vertical integration with sightholders of the Diamond Trading Company (DTC), the world's largest diamond miner, we benefit from the best contacts available in the industry. Vashi.com was launched in September 2013 as part of a rebrand of DiamondManufacturers.co.uk.
Do you make custom jewellery?
Yes. At Vashi.com, we are always delighted to work with you to make a complete bespoke piece. We can create it from a single image – just for you. Whatever your preference or budget, anything is possible. All our bespoke items are handmade, expertly crafted in London, England. We only use precious materials of the utmost quality to create your dream bespoke piece. We are generally able to create bespoke items in just a few days, although timeframes can be slightly longer depending on the complexity of the piece.
Are you open on weekends and bank holidays?
Yes. We are open on public holidays except on Christmas Day (25th December).
Our standard opening hours are:
- Mon-Sat: 10am-8pm
- Sun: 12pm-6pm
- Selfridges London
- Mon-Fri: 10am-10pm
- Sat: 9:30am-9pm
- Sun: 11:30am-6pm
- Selfridges Manchester Trafford
- Mon-Fri: 10am-10pm
- Sat: 10am-9pm
- Sun: 11:30am-6pm
- Westfield London
- Mon-Fri: 9am-9pm
- Sat: 9am-8pm
- Sun: 12pm-6pm
- Royal Exchange
- Mon-Fri: 9am-7pm
- Sat-Sun: Closed
- Canary Wharf
- Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm
- Sat: 10am-7pm
- Sun: 12pm-6pm
How do you source your diamonds?
As Vashi.com we deal directly with sightholders of the DTC, which control almost half of the world's diamond production. We buy our diamonds in large quantities first hand in, directly from these cutters in Antwerp, Tel Aviv, New York and Mumbai, allowing us to hand-select only the most beautiful, high quality stones. We eliminate the middleman to control quality and deliver the best value to you.
How long does it take for someone to get back to me when I submit a request?
If you submit your request during office hours (9am-6pm Monday to Friday) you should receive a response within an hour from your request. If you submit your request outside office hours, one of our engagement ring and diamond experts will get in touch with you as early as possible the next morning.
What are synthetic diamonds?
Synthetic diamonds are man-made diamonds or lab-created diamonds with the exact same properties as a natural diamond. There are 2 types of lab-grown diamonds – High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD). The HPHT process mimics the geological conditions that create natural diamonds. It grows diamond layers on a diamond seed by subjecting carbon to high pressure and high temperature. The CVD method is a revolutionary process that is the exact opposite of HPHT. Instead of pressuring carbon into diamond, the carbon is freed to become pure diamond. Moderate heat is applied to a carbon cloud in a vacuum chamber causing diamond atoms to rain onto and grow a diamond seed. Synthetic diamonds are mainly used for industrial purposes. Although they appear very similar to natural diamonds these must not be confused as synthetic diamonds are less valuable both emotionally and economically. Lab-grown diamonds are not to be confused with simulants (diamond imitations) such as Cubic Zirconia and Moissanite.
Products and Sizing
How can I purchase one of your diamond rings?
You can purchase any of our diamond rings securely online. If you incur any issues, please contact customer service at email@example.com for further support.
How do I establish the ring size I require?
If the purchase is a surprise, simply take the internal diameter of one of her existing rings and let one of our engagement ring and diamond experts know. If you are unable to do this, you can contact us to request a free ring sizer. Once you have confirmed the correct size - you can usually do this at your local jeweller, you can return it to us and we will resize it for you, free of charge- please see exclusions.
- Rings can only be resized within the existing available size range. For example, a ring with sizes available of M-P can only be resized within that range.
- Solitaire rings can only be sized 3 sizes either way from the original size for free. A resize outside of this range will incur a £40 fee (inclusive of VAT).
- Rings which feature side stones will need to first be assessed by our workshop in order to obtain a quote for the cost of resizing due to the delicate nature of such work.
- Certain rings, depending on their design, can be resized only 2-3 times in the ring’s lifetime.
- Rings are non-returnable for refund or exchange once they have been resized.
- After your first free resizing, any further resizes will be charged at £40 (inclusive of VAT).
- If your item has been engraved, any re-sizing is subject to a £40 charge. Your engraving may fade in the resizing process - any re-engraving you may request will be charged at £4 per character.
I would like to engrave a message on the ring, can you do this?
Yes, we can engrave the message that you wish. We currently offer free engraving on all plain wedding bands. Your inscription is limited only by space and your imagination. Although the traditional place for an engraved message is the inner surface of a ring the outer surface can also be engraved. Popular ideas for inscriptions include:
- His and her initials or names
- Significant dates e.g. first date, marriage etc.
- Meaningful words such as "eternity" or "always"
- A (short) line of poetry or lyrics
- Some statement of special significance to the two of you.
At Vashi.com we recommend you keep a note of the inscription. They can be very helpful in getting your ring back if it is ever lost or stolen.
Do all products carry a hallmark?
Yes. All our products come with British hallmarks, stamped at the London Assay Office.
Does my piece of jewellery come with a valuation?
Yes. Every piece of jewellery is supplied with a valuation for insurance purposes as well as a diamond certificate.
How do I know if your diamonds are conflict-free?
When in doubt, ask your jeweller for a written guarantee. This has to be passed to your jeweller by the suppliers, if the jeweller doesn't have one then he cannot be certain that the diamonds are conflict-free.
As at Vashi.com we deal directly with sightholders of the DTC (The Diamond Trading Company), the world's largest diamond miner, we can pass to you the conflict-free guarantees which are provided to us. We only deal with our associated companies whom, like us, proudly adhere to and enforce the standards established by the Kimberley Process, an international system that polices the trade of diamonds to ensure they are from sources free of conflict.
All Vashi.com diamonds are guaranteed to be conflict free. If one of our associates was ever found to be in violation of that process, we would immediately stop working with them. We will continue to support and promote any process that works towards maintaining the human rights and best working conditions in the diamond trade. Vashi.ie is a global strong conflict-free supporter and has a zero-tolerance policy toward conflict diamonds.
What do I need to know about conflict-free diamonds?
As a consumer, you should feel good about your diamond purchase. Make sure that the jeweller is willing to spend time providing the information you need. A reputable jeweller should:
- Only use suppliers who can provide a written guarantee that their diamonds are from conflict-free sources
- Have a policy in place against conflict diamonds
- Be able to answer your questions about the topic
Ask questions to get the assurance you need. At Vashi.com we recommend you ask the following questions:
- How can I be sure that none of your jewellery contains conflict diamonds?
- What is your company's policy against conflict diamonds?
- Do you know where the diamonds you sell come from?
- Can you provide me a written guarantee with my purchase stating that the diamonds supplied are conflict-free?
Where do your diamonds come from?
At Vashi.com we deal directly with sightholders of the DTC, the world's largest diamond miner, and we still can't tell from which mine each diamond comes. In fact, nobody can, as diamonds don't come with such information and they are then mixed and assorted before they are cut and polished. Most of our diamonds come from mines which are located in South Africa, Canada and Australia, and are cut and polished in Belgium, India and Russia.
Are your diamonds enhanced?
No. All our diamonds are natural and have never been treated or enhanced in any way. Beware of buying a diamond that may be fracture-filled to temporarily inclusions or laser-drilled to remove dark inclusions. These diamonds are no longer natural as they have been treated, and the treatment generally will deter with time. A non-treated natural diamond is a lifetime investment because it never changes, it's the only product in the market which can never be classed as used. At Vashi.com, we refuse to sell any kind of enhanced diamonds including but not limited to Fracture-Filled or Laser-Drilled diamonds.
Are all your ring styles listed online?
If you can't find a style, please contact us and we promise to beat any quote you have been given by any reputable jeweller or online store.
Do you have the same style rings in different sizes?
We stock most of our rings in a variety of sizes. If for any reason your ring size is not available, we'll gladly resize it for you. As finger sizes can change over time, we offer free resizing for life.
How do I know how a diamond will look?
We hand inspect every loose diamond, setting, and piece of jewellery we sell. At Vashi.com quality isn't a compromise, it's a guarantee. You'll get the best value available in the market. Every diamond is carefully inspected, and hand selected in the major diamond manufacturing centres. All our diamonds, regardless of the specifications, are top quality for maximum brilliance and sparkle.
Every Vashi.com diamond has been hand selected for its visual beauty. Every diamond has its own unique characteristics, as diamonds are like snowflakes or fingerprints; each with its own sparkle and appearance. We invest a lot of time to thoroughly examine every diamond that we carry - after all it is how the diamond looks, not just how it scores on a certificate that is important.
How is my jewellery packaged?
At Vashi.com we believe that packaging should be both discreet and beautiful. Discreet so that you can keep the surprise until your desired moment, beautiful to really 'wow' the lucky recipient. Your order will be delivered in an unbranded, large white cardboard postal box. Open this large box and you will find a luxury gift box. You can open the large white box and gift-wrap the small box yourself. In addition, you can also include a gift message of your choice for free. You can rest assured that our dispatch team will pack your order with the utmost care, and gift messages are printed from the message you provide to us to avoid any possible typing errors. You can select this during checkout.
What kind of payments do you accept?
- Pay your way – all major debit and credit cards are accepted, alongside PayPal and Bank Transfer, or Finance Payment Plan options
- A dedicated Account Manager assists you every step of the way, regardless of payment option or order value
- Convenient store opening times (Monday to Saturday 10am - 8pm. Sunday 12pm - 6pm) so the team are always on hand for further information on any of the online payment options – Alternatively, you can contact our Customer service team (Monday to Friday 9am-6pm) simply contact us
We accept all the major debit and credit cards including VISA, Master Card, American Express, Switch, Electron and Delta. For your comfort and security, we also accept PayPal or Bank Transfer.
Customers wishing to pay by Bank Transfer should:
- Consult with your Vashi Account Manager to confirm the product you’d like to purchase and total sale price, and provide other essential information like billing address, shipping address, and item details (you’ll be guided each step of the way).
- Deposit the funds within our account, assigning an identifying code to the transaction that will be provided by your account manager.
- Notify us once the deposit has been made and we will keep an eye out for it and notify you once it has been received.
- Customers paying by Bank Transfer assume responsibility for all charges and costs that may be incurred. The product will be released only on full receipt of advertised sale price.
How can you offer such prices?
Our founder Vashi Dominguez has been involved in the diamond business at source level for over a decade. We have formed supply chain partnerships with diamond cutters and one of the world's largest jewellery manufacturers and exporters. As a result, Vashi.com obtains its diamonds and diamond jewellery at primary source prices and can pass on these savings by supplying directly to the end consumer.
How do your prices compare to other internet retailers?
Our prices are lower than on the other online stores. As you are purchasing directly from the main source, we can pass the savings directly to you by eliminating all the traditional layers of wholesalers and retailers in the supply chain.
Do your prices include VAT?
Yes. All the prices on the website are including VAT at 20%. If your purchase is to be dispatched outside of the E.U. you will be entitled to the discount equivalent to the VAT amount.
Are there any hidden charges?
What's the final price on your diamonds?
Vashi.com adheres to an honest and real pricing system and does not offer false discounts or negotiation on our diamond prices. We deal ethically and are confident that we offer the lowest prices for superior quality diamonds without hidden extras.
Privacy and Security
Is it safe to buy online?
Yes. Vashi.com delivers a 100% secure shopping experience. We will never pass, transfer nor sell any of your information to any third-party companies. Also, for your security and peace of mind we do not keep any record of your credit card details and security information. Our main provider is Sage Pay (formerly known as Protx), who has achieved the highest level of compliance under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI). Sage Pay adheres to the most stringent levels of fraud screening, ensuring that your details remain secure throughout the transaction. Furthermore, we are Verisign Secured verified, McAfee secure certified, and an active member of The SafeBuy Assurance Scheme. For more information on the security of our site please read our Security Policy.
Returns and Refunds
How do I return an order?
We hope that you will be delighted with your purchase but if you do need to return it for any reason it is very simple to do so. In most cases we offer a free of charge returns solution. However, please note that if you need to return a product multiple times, for example for multiple resizing we reserve the right to charge for returns.
Vashi.com purchases are void of lifetime warranty and refunds or exchanges as soon as a third-party jeweller attempts to work on any piece of Vashi jewellery.
Please note that reduced items (products displaying a ‘Was’ and ‘Now’ price) on the website cannot be returned.
Our returns policy and all the details described below do not affect your statutory right to cancel.
Returning from within the UK
- Please give us a call or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number.
- We will also send you a personalised packaging slip (via email) to include inside the parcel that you return to us and will be happy to refund your reasonable costs of returning goods to us. We have found Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day service to be suitable for most of our customers.
- We recommend that you send your parcel back to us selecting a courier or postal service that includes insurance as Vashi.com cannot be liable for loss or damage of return shipments. We advise that you retain all proof of posting documentation should you need to make a claim. If your courier cannot provide insurance to the value of your goods, please contact one of our Guardian Angels who can advise you how to proceed.
Returning Goods from outside the UK
- Please contact one of our Guardian Angels for advice on how to return your parcel fully insured and at no cost to you.
- By using our returns process any tax or duty that you have paid will simply be reversed and refunded. Please note that if you have sent your item for re-work for example resizing, no tax or duty will be refunded. Unfortunately, if you return goods from a country other than the original delivery destination, it is not possible to refund tax or duty charges.
- Please note that any returns sent using a process other than that advised by one of our Guardian Angels may not be fully insured and will be at your own cost and risk.
What is your refund policy?
We offer Free Returns within 30 days. For more information please read our Returns Policy. In the interest of hygiene and for the protection of all our customers, earrings are excluded from our exchange and refund policy. This exclusion is due to Health and Safety consideration and in the interest of hygiene and for the protection of all our customers.
Please note there is a minimum returns policy (14 days) in place for any reduced Products (Products displaying 'Was' and 'Now' prices) on the website, subject to the Distance Selling Act.
Vashi.com purchases are void of lifetime warranty and refunds or exchanges the moment a third-party jeweller attempts to work on any piece of Vashi jewellery.
How would my order be refunded?
Refunds will be issued in full for the original merchandise price you paid, and the return shipping costs incurred. Refunds will be processed (typically within 30 days) via the same payment method you used to make the purchase.
If we are reimbursing you for postage costs this will be done by cheque as we are unable to refund more than the price paid to the original payment method.
Shipping and in-store collection
When will I receive my order?
Vashi.com makes every effort to get your order to you as soon as possible and will endeavour to ensure you receive it on or before the estimated delivery date. If you need your item for a specific date please do let us know, and we will do everything we can to ensure that you receive your item on the specified date.
How do you ship your orders?
Vashi.com is pleased to offer free shipping on all orders within the UK. All orders are dispatched fully insured, so that your order shipment is always risk-free. All orders going to a UK address are shipped with Royal Mail's Special Next Day Delivery and need to be signed for, so we recommend you to make arrangements to ensure someone is available at the shipping destination. An email confirmation will be sent to the email you provide to inform you when your order is being dispatched.
Can you ship to an address other than my billing address?
Yes. We can ship your order to an address other than your billing address. As a security precaution, we require that your alternate delivery address be on file with your credit card company. This step helps protect you from fraudulent charges to your credit card. In order to protect the interests of the cardholder, we may need to obtain identifying documents from customers to confirm their identity and residency at the billing address.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship to most countries in the world and delivery is free.
The estimated delivery date particular to your country will be shown as you check out.
- Deliveries to Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Denmark, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain typically take up to 3 working days
- Deliveries to other European destinations take up to 5 working days
- Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe typically take between 3 – 10 working days
We use FedEx for International shipments and unfortunately cannot deliver to a P.O. Box address. We are happy to send the goods by an alternative courier but would need to charge you the delivery costs. Please contact one of our Customer Service Team at email@example.com or 0800 530 0541 for further information.
Please note that from time to time parcels may get held in customs. Any delay caused is beyond our control.
There are no import/export duties on goods shipped within the European Union. Shipments sent outside the European Union may be subject to import duties, taxes, and admin fees which may be levied once a shipment reaches your country. For details of Customs charges please consult your own Customs authorities for the latest rates.
Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. We are unable to reimburse any costs incurred regardless of the circumstances.