How do you clean white gold jewellery?
White gold is sensitive to some household chemicals or even mild substances like lemon juice and oil, so using warm, soapy water is the best option for keeping your white gold jewellery clean. If you have a piece of white gold jewellery that you wear regularly, we recommend a gentle clean once a month to restore its sparkle. Follow the steps below.
- Add a few drops of gentle dishwashing liquid to a bowl of lukewarm water
- Soak each piece separately in the solution for 10 minutes
- Remove from the bowl and gently scrub using a soft-bristled toothbrush – one that you only use for this purpose
- Rinse well in clean, lukewarm water to get rid of residue
- Leave to air dry in a safe place or dry with a lint-free cloth to avoid any pieces of thread sticking to your jewellery
Please note that this does not apply to pieces that include pearls. Pearls should not be soaked in water; instead, wipe your pearl jewellery gently with a soft, damp cloth, ideally after each wear.
It's a good idea to give your jewellery a professional clean once a year, and at Vashi, we offer this as part of our Complimentary Care aftercare service.