How do you clean sapphires at home?
Sapphires are one of the most strong and durable gemstones, which means they’re easy to clean at home. We recommend the following steps:
- Add a few drops of gentle dishwashing liquid to a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Soak each piece separately in the solution for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the bowl and gently scrub using a soft-bristled toothbrush – one that you only use for this purpose.
- Rinse well in clean, lukewarm water to get rid of residue.
- Leave to air dry in a safe place or dry with a lint-free cloth to avoid any pieces of thread sticking to your jewellery.
It's a good idea to give your jewellery a professional clean once a year, and at Vashi, we offer this as part of our Complimentary Care aftercare service.