How do you clean rubies at home?
Although rubies are very precious, you shouldn’t be afraid to clean your jewellery at home. We recommend the following steps:
- Add a few drops of gentle dishwashing liquid to a bowl of lukewarm water
- Soak each piece separately in the solution for 10 minutes
- Remove from the bowl and gently scrub using a soft-bristled toothbrush – one that you only use for this purpose
- Rinse well in clean, lukewarm water to get rid of residue
- Leave to air dry in a safe place or dry with a lint-free cloth to avoid any pieces of thread sticking to your jewellery
It's a good idea to give your jewellery a professional clean once a year, and at Vashi, we offer this as part of our Complimentary Care aftercare service.