How do you clean earrings?
Earrings can get tangled in your hair and often come into contact with makeup or perfume, which means that dirt and grime can easily build up. If you have earrings that you wear regularly, we recommend a gentle clean once a month. Follow the steps below.
- Add a few drops of gentle dishwashing liquid to a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Soak each piece separately in the solution for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the bowl and gently scrub using a soft-bristled toothbrush – one that you only use for this purpose.
- Rinse well in clean, lukewarm water to get rid of residue.
- Leave to air dry in a safe place or dry with a lint-free cloth to avoid any pieces of thread sticking to your jewellery.
Please note that this does not apply to pearl earrings. Pearls should not be soaked in water; instead, wipe your pearl jewellery gently with a soft, damp cloth, ideally after each wear.
It's a good idea to give your jewellery a professional clean once a year, and at Vashi, we offer this as part of our Complimentary Care aftercare service.