VASHI is an ethical, fine-jewellery service built on a simple human truth: something you made means more than something you bought. Our Co-Creation USP puts customers at the heart of their own product and with access to a rarely seen process, our designers and craftsmen work together with each customer to guide and inspire every VASHI piece. Customers can pull up a chair to customise their design, personalise with an engraving, choose a treasured stone, or design completely from scratch.
We are looking for a senior hire to lead on the evolution, design and management of an Ecommerce function like no other. Reporting into our Chief Digital Officer this is an extraordinary opportunity to join a thriving and exciting challenger business at a pivotal time in its evolution. The role itself is split into two key areas for success, digital marketing and online trade. This is a strategic role, and we are looking for someone who can manage the complexity of these online channels and make accountable changes.
Areas of focus
PACE & AGILITY
As an experienced ecommerce expert you will understand the value of pace & agility - to deliver improvements, growth & change.
A strong commercial background is essential to be successful in this role, you will have the ability to mix brand appropriate, best-in-class digital experiences with defined commercial deliverables. You’ll also have a background in analysis and have a sharp analytical sense to apply to all parts of the online business.
A key focus area for the business - you will have had relevant market/territory/customer experience from non-UK markets and be adept at delivering digital go-to-market strategies on time and on budget.
You’ll support the ‘voice of the customer’ within the business and will use all qualitative/quantitative methods & data sources at hand to ensure that we never lose focus on our ‘Customer first objectives’.
You’ll understand and value the importance of having the right team in place, and will focus on team communication, development and empowerment as a key deliverable.
The opportunity to be part of building both the VASHI brand and culture from the ground up is an extraordinary one that comes with great responsibility. The foundations of a unique business model are well established and there is nothing to stop us from creating something iconic both privately and publicly. Skills and experience are important but even more so is hunger, to be part of the journey and to input into the collective whole. In business, our culture ethos is, passion trumps talent and talent trumps experience- finding the right people with the right attitude putting our customer focus at the forefront of our decisions will bring success to both individuals and our organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Online trade - responsible for trading the vashi.com Ecom site, delivering against ambitious online sales targets and drive brick and mortar appointments through our online booking engine
- Propose and execute a full roll-out strategy
- Identifying and strategising future growth opportunities
- Continuously review and identify improvement opportunities across all aspects of the user journey
- Highly efficient and effective working relationships with external partners, driving revenue and profitability
- Building and taking ownership of an Ecommerce team
- The role will work closely with the Head of Analytics and Optimisation as well as the Head of SEO & Head of Digital Marketing to ensure the site is optimised and driven by the best available data
- You will work closely with the Head of CX to drive huge growth in customers, sales and satisfaction
- Oversee the Web Editor responsible for ensuring all onsite content is accurate and driving newness throughout the site
- Work closely with the VASHI brand team to ensure consistent look and feel and tone of voice across vashi.com and digital marketing channels
- It will work with the Head of Content to ensure message and assets are defined and delivered to ensure newness and optimised performance on vashi.com
- Assisting the Head of Brand Marketing to ensure that brand marketing channels work hand in hand to drive awareness and traffic to vashi.com
Skills and experience
- 10+ years’ experience within a similar field from a Leadership understanding and perspective ● Inspirational leader with exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to build relationship at every level and influence decision making through multiple ways
- Embraces ownership, challenge and is results driven
- Highly entrepreneurial and passionate about building something new, growing fast and working as part of a dynamic and like-minded leadership team
- Hold the ability to inspire others
- A strong influencer and leader
- Experience in problem-solving and decision-making tasks