VASHI is an ethical, fine-jewellery service that puts you at the heart of the design and making process. We believe that something you’ve had a hand in making yourself is more powerful than something you simply buy. With a workshop in every store, we are uniquely positioned to co-create original jewellery with our customer aligned to their particular specifications and budget. Customers can pull up a work-stool and take part in the making process.
The foundations of a unique business model are well established and there is nothing to stop us from creating something iconic. Skills and experience are important but even more so is a hunger to be part of the journey and to input into the collective whole. In building this culture, passion trumps talent and talent trumps experience - finding the right people with the right attitude, the right character and a desire to work hard, be nice and fight for each other will be the difference between success and failure.
A newly created position has just opened here at Vashi and we’re now on the look-out for an experienced Online Trading and Merchandising Manager to shape our trading strategy, whilst leading the merchandising function.
The ideal candidate will possess strong financial acumen, an entrepreneurial spirit along with the understanding on how to drive profitability via trading terms. You’ll also have previous ownership in all aspects of P&L management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leading the agenda for weekly trading, ensuring all trading priorities are communicated and coordinated amongst the wider team and into the company plan.
- Own the seasonal trading calendar strategy, responsibility for maintaining the weekly trading calendar.
- Deliver monthly forecasting of revenue, net sales, and retail sales.
- Collaborate with supply chain on inputs and metrics to ensure optimisation of sales.
- Ensure all new product launches are considered and prepared for across all site locations web, store and concessions.
- You’ll be focused on recommendations, category product placement, personalisation, site search, navigation and the development of new consumer-oriented tools to help with conversion.
- Utilising category and customer analysis to create an on-site trading strategy that focuses on AOV, ASP and USP leveraging product placements across the site (PLP, PDP, Nav, Category and Sub Category levels) looking at customer trends and developing a best in class experience that meets consumers’ needs and delivers on brand ideas.
- Key point of contact with commercial responsibility for management of trade across the site, timings, creative briefing and placement / analysis.
- Signing off buys ensuring that price and margin targets are met. Proactively analyse performance, opportunities, risks and trends and adapting plans to achieve business objectives.
- Work with the Buying and production team to develop & execute a product strategy for RTW collections, building a range structure including options and price architecture, leading seasonal sign offs & trading collections seasonally.
- Maintain close relationship with production, providing seasonal intake forecasts & being main point of contact should any issues arise.
- Work with the digital marketing team to ensure execution of the trading calendar plan across all channels, social, email and affiliates.
- Oversee and sign off all price changes. Plan and measure profitability of any promotions and markdowns to ensure stock management.
- Liaise with buying teams to identify stock issues and support with relevant promotional activities.
- Lead on site search strategy including keyword optimisation and managing the ecommerce trading team effectively to deliver the agreed sales goals.
- Helps Identify promotional opportunities based on customer behaviour data and brand popularity / stock position.