Advice for Men: Dos and Dont's
The ‘dos and don’ts’ of buying an engagement ring are based on Vashi.com's extensive experience as engagement ring specialists. Buying an engagement ring is possibly one of the most important purchases of your lifetime and the gateway to a precious milestone in life.
Increasingly, modern couples chose a ring together, however traditionalists still want to select their own and keep the surprise factor. You may have an idea of what your partner would like or you may have no idea, which is where the following pointers help you get it right with ease:
- Take your time, prepare and save.
- Research: If you’re prepared to take your time, putting thought and effort into shopping around, Vashi.com guarantee that you are more likely to find an engagement ring she’ll love at a price you can afford.
- Don’t feel embarrassed to ask for help. Our expert team has worked with thousands of people who were initially unsure which engagement ring they should buy. We’re here to help you find the best deal for your budget and help save you money on the perfect ring of your choice.
- Don’t buy a diamond ring just because it's a tradition. Most women secretly dream of the moment when their boyfriend surprises them with a sparkling engagement ring – but it doesn't have to be diamond. If you have a hunch your girlfriend really, really wouldn’t like a diamond engagement ring (and you may want to ask for pointers from her mum or her close friends), feel free to buy her a different engagement ring altogether. Sapphires, pearls, coloured diamonds and rubies are all popular choices with women who are looking for something a little different or who love a pop of colour.
- Don’t buy a ring with a wide band if your partner has short fingers. A diamond engagement ring should be proportional to the dimensions of her hands. A wide band can make short fingers appear even shorter, while an elongated diamond (such as an oval, pear or marquise shape) can make her fingers appear slightly longer. In contrast, a petite ring can look small and lost on long fingers and slender hands. Take a look at the jewellery your partner already wears and try to take some direction.
- Don’t forget to consider whether she has an active lifestyle when you select a setting. Will your partner wear her ring all the time? A bezel or half bezel setting is less likely to get caught in clothing or whilst working, ideal if she is a sports fanatic or works with her hands.
- Don’t hesitate to contact us if either of you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase. Vashi.com gives you a 90 day “no questions asked” money back guarantee on all jewellery bought from us, including engagement rings. We can swap it for a different ring from our collection or give you a full refund; we’ll also refund the cost of shipping the ring back to us.
- Don’t get panic about proposing. She loves you for who you are and a ring shouldn't change a thing.